Pens/Kings SOLD OUT

2013-14 Bud Poile Governors’ Cup 
Regular Season Points Champions

Moderators: tpshlfpnutbutr&jelly, MavsFanJoe

Pens/Kings SOLD OUT

Postby kcdynasty » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:34 am

Game officially declared a sell out. Only roughly 150 scattered single tickets remain and Sprint Center will be selling standing room tickets to accommodate an anticipated walkup crowd of 1000+. Sprint Center officials are expecting a crowd of over 17,500, which would be the largest crowd to ever watch a hockey game in Kansas City. This is all from a friend who works in the Sprint Center ticket offices.

In short, this is UNBELIEVABLE. They didn't even promote this game with Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin. Kansas City showed up in a BIG way for this game.

To sell out an NHL game on a TUESDAY that features two teams 1,000 miles in each direction of the city is an absolutely staggering achievement. Props to AEG for getting an ad campaign going and props to NHL21 for keeping the dream alive for the NHL in KC.

This is sure to draw national attention to Kansas City on the NHL front and once again open us up as a prospective city for NHL expansion or relocation.

This is a huge win for hockey fans in KC. Will be a great way to kick off what should be an exciting hockey season in Kansas City.
kcdynasty
Midget

Re: Pens/Kings SOLD OUT

Postby tpshlfpnutbutr&jelly » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:33 am

:D awesome news ..and it is amazing to fill the rafters for a preseason game ..i have been to past preseason NHL games ..several with teams such as the Nashville Predators on the card. I wonder how much of a difference it made on the draw with the Penguins known roster. The first yr the Sprint center was open the place had a decent crowd.
tpshlfpnutbutr&jelly

Postby MavsFanJoe » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:31 am

I wonder how many of the expected sell out crowd are folks from eastern Jackson county? We have only to thank our beloved Mavs for this, if my suspicions are correct.
Remember, keep your stick on the ice!
MavsFanJoe

Location: If I'm not at the IEC (Independence, MO) I'm home in Lee's Summit, MO

Postby kcdynasty » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:30 pm

MavsFanJoe wrote:I wonder how many of the expected sell out crowd are folks from eastern Jackson county? We have only to thank our beloved Mavs for this, if my suspicions are correct.

I'm sure its dispersed pretty evenly throughout the metro, but I'm sure the hockey fans in EJC had plenty to do with it! The Mavs have brought the game of hockey to a part of the area mostly unfamiliar with the game and turned it into a hockey-crazed community.

Should be an awesome night!
kcdynasty
Midget

Postby FlashBang » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:28 pm

I know there's several from Wichita coming, and I think I saw people on Tulsa's board mention it too.

We're big Pens fans, and it will be our first NHL game. SO EXCITED!!!
FlashBang
PeeWee

Postby kcdynasty » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Sprint Center released all remaining ticket allotments from the Kings and Penguins. So roughly 250-300 group tickets will be available starting tomorrow.
kcdynasty
Midget

Postby tpshlfpnutbutr&jelly » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:59 am

:D There's Hockey tonight boys....and girls ..
should be a blast ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcUxWlND ... ata_player
tpshlfpnutbutr&jelly

Postby kcdynasty » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:14 pm

Notable names playing tonight for each team...

Pens: Evgeni Malkin, Marc-Andre Fleury, Letestu, Jordan Staal, Randy Kunitz, Tyler Kennedy

Kings: Jarret Stoll, Dustin Brown, Jonathan Quick, Mike Richards, Rob Scuderi, Jack Johnson, Alec Martinez
kcdynasty
Midget

Postby kcdynasty » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:04 pm

Jonathan Quick not making the trip with the Kings. Jonathan Bernier starting in goal tonight for LA, but Marc-Andre Fleury supposed to play the whole game for Pittsburgh tonight.
kcdynasty
Midget

Postby tpshlfpnutbutr&jelly » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:22 pm

The game was enjoyable ..good to watch some hockey ..i will say i am grateful for the IEC puck in play rules..i couldnt see at least a 1/3 of the game ..
tpshlfpnutbutr&jelly

Next

Return to Missouri